23 Jan 4 Billion Email Users Worldwide
Email has come a long way since its inception in 1971. Did You Know 300 billion emails were sent each and every day in 2020? Yeep, that’s quite a number. And it’s telling us email can be a huge revenue generator if used correctly. So, let us share with you some recent statistics to give you a new perspective on email marketing and share with you a few tips on how to be more effective at your future email communication and grow more revenue.
- There are 293.6 billion emails sent and received daily
- There are nearly 4 billion email users worldwide
- The active email accounts worldwide are about 5.59 billion
- The average person has 1.75 email accounts
- Almost 76% of all US adults use email
- 85% of users check their emails on a mobile phone
- Nearly 12% of all spam emails came from China last year
- Most people check their email every few hours
- Employees spend 16% of their average workweek on emails
- 50% of consumers prefer communicating with brands via email
Build a relationship
In today’s world personalization is a must. But don’t use just recipient’s name. C’mon, it’s 2021, you can do better than that. If you want to build a proper relationship then send an email that acknowledges a subscriber’s individuality (e.g., purchase history or demographic). It will pay off big time! Studies shown that directing subscribers to information, products or services that their past purchasing patterns suggest they will like, triggered a positive response in 98 percent of the time.
Send email campaigns between 8:00 p.m. to midnight
Optimal mailing time often depends upon your customers’ behaviors, inbox crowding, and the deployment times of other marketers. But data is showing us the top email strategy is probably to send at night. The time of day that received the best open rate was shown to be 8:00 p.m. to midnight. This time span not only performed better for open rate (a respectable 22 percent) but also for clickthrough and sales. Saturday and Sunday also work very well.
We at SquizMAIL are here to help you achieve your email marketing goals. We strive to share knowledge and to educate. And we have amazing tool to offer to anyone interested in achieving success in 2021.